Thursday 25 September 2014

Book Review - Landline

   
                                      

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

My  Thoughts...

What would you do, if you had a magic phone that was linked to the past?

With only a few days left before Christmas, Georgie Mccool was suppose to of gone on vacation with her family. However, being a workaholic, with a serious deadline looming in under seven days. Georgie decides not to go, leaving husband Neal and their two daughters to go alone.

Not surprisingly no one is happy about this, especially Neal. Therefore as the days begin to merge, and Georgie has trouble contacting her husband. She convinces herself that her marriage is in danger. Well, everyone else thinks so, so it must be true. Que. the magic phone that Georgie finds in her old childhood room, that she uses to contact her husband Neal, from the past.

This was my first Rainbow Rowell read and I loved it! It was a bit weird reading a story based around Christmas now. However, I got past it and enjoyed the tale. I loved Georgie. She's not your typical book heroine. Tall, skinny and flawless. She reminded me, of me. I have the same coloured hair and I wear glasses, to write and read. Also Georgie is portrayed as a real woman, with curves and stretch marks, which her husband loves. She was my favourite character. I also loved Noomi, who thinks she's a cat and her pug obsessed mum.

I can't think of anything bad to say about this book. The cover is gorgeous, the layout superb. The characters are likeable and detailed. Rainbow has done a fantastic job of getting you hooked, from start to finish.

I loved every minute of this book, one of my favourite reads this year. If you haven't read it, why are you here? Go and read it. Now! 😋

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟



 



No comments:

Post a Comment