Monday 15 September 2014

Book Review - The Crimson Ribbon by Katherine Clements



The Crimson Ribbon by Katherine Clements

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

My Thoughts...

Well done Katherine Clements.

This book captivated me from the moment I turned the first page.
Set in mid-seventeenth century England, where the persecution of witches were rife and the horrors of the civil war plagued the country.
Ruth Flowers is forced to flee her household of Oliver Cromwell in Ely and flee to London. On the road she meets a former, troublesome soldier. However, when she reaches the city, it's the Poole household which changes her life forever.

I throughly enjoyed reading this book, couldn't put it down and even took it to work with me. The author has a way with words that brings you into the story, making you a part of its world.
At times you can kind of predict of what will happen along the way, only because of what history dictates and what we have learned. Though there are surprising corners in which you turn.

I fell in love with Ruth Flowers, as you join her on her journey and watch her grow and change. It was fascinating to see how she deals with constant issues and problems. Though at times, she annoyed me and I wanted to slap her around the face. Never the less, she was my favourite character and I wanted the best for her.

I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone, young and old. It is an insight into how the world was back in 1646 and how little peoples minds truly were.


I give this book a five stars




No comments:

Post a Comment