Wednesday 14 May 2014

The Ocean At The End Of The Lane - Book Review



The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman

The ocean at the end of the lane is like a new found fairytale. A fantasy for both young and old. It was dark, enchanting, and imaginative. Gaiman's way with words are powerful and mind blowing.
I loved how he wrote from a child's perceptive, as an adult looking back on his distorted childhood memory. And then questioning himself constantly whether it was real or not.

I've never read any of Neil Gaiman's books before. I have to admit, it took me 42 pages to get into the book, It was quite slow paced. However, once the story began moving, I was immediately sucked into the story. I really wish, the field of furry, snake like tails really existed and that I had a pond, that was an ocean. However, I do have a fairy circle down at the bottom of my garden.

For any one questioning themselves whether to read this or not, do it, you will not regret it.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment