Saturday 8 November 2014

NANOWRIMO14








The first week of NANOWRIMO 2014 has finished and there are three more weeks of Novemember left. Yikes. If you're anything like me and you have had a crazy week at work and all you feel like doing with your time off is slump round, then carry on reading.

It's that time of year (November) when you're supposed to write 50,000 words or more (basically write a novel) in 30 days. I've only managed to write 675 words this past week. Not much really when I've seen people tweet that they've reached the 10,000 word goal, they've set themselves. I think why am I not one of these amazingly organised persons. But then I think about my eight day week at work (84hrs) in a care home and shrug. Maybe I should really be writing my novel instead of this blog post. But I think, oh well. I'll manage. I have next weekend off and I have annual leave in the last week of Novemeber. I'll manage. Then I think about my engament ring. Which I noticed yesterday evening that the emerald stone from it has come out and is now lost, somewhere in Bedfordshire and groan with disapointment that all I want is for my ring to be fixed, or to buy a new one, right now.

You can safely say, motivation for me right now is nil. I haave none. And with only one hour until my next shift, all I want to do this afternoon is to write and watch youtube videos of Fleur Deforce and Zoella. 

As with reading. I'm in a big fat slump, a MASSIVE reading slump. It's a bit like writers block, but with reading. Readers Block? does that work? Hopefully I'll read a little on my break later on. But, I know I'll be on my phone looking at Instagram and Twitter. Oh well.

So, I will leave you this week with this.... 'I'm not lazy with my writing or reading this week, I'm just on my energy saving mode.'

No comments:

Post a Comment